Even relocating within the same neighborhood requires planning and time, let alone from one city to another. Therefore, moving from Greensboro to Charlotte in less than a month is not an easy task to complete, as the optimum time to prepare for a move is around eight weeks. But don’t get desperate because you don’t have as much time on your hands. Executing a last-minute move is more than possible. We’ve selected tips that will help you maximize the time you have and successfully relocate from Greensboro to Queen City.
Is moving from Greensboro to Charlotte a good idea?
Charlotte is the biggest city in North Carolina, and it keeps on growing. Regardless of the size, it’s still very friendly and has a small-town feel.
Caption: Although it’s a larger city, Charlotte has stunning scenery and offers plenty of outdoor opportunities for various activities.
Alt-tag: A picture of a neighborhood in Charlotte next to a lake
Whether you are single or have a family, there are many reasons why moving to Charlotte is a good idea. Here are just some of them:
- Job opportunities – As it’s experiencing corporate growth, Charlotte offers various job opportunities in many industries. After New York City, it’s the largest financial banking center in the US, and it is a host to several Fortune 500 companies.
- Outdoors – Whether you love hiking in the mountains or enjoying the beach, you’ll love Charlotte as it’s very close to both. If you are a fan of outdoor activities, you’ll love what Charlotte has to offer.
- Great weather – With a mild climate and four seasons, Charlotte is a great place to move to. Spring and fall are exceptionally beautiful, while summers are hot and perfect for a pool or beach. When it comes to winters, they’re not particularly cold, and you can occasionally expect snow.
- The cost of living – Another great thing about living in Charlotte is that the cost of living is 2% lower than the national average. This is causing more and more people to pack and move there.
- Never a dull moment – From different sports events and great music scene to unique museums, there’s always something to do in Charlotte.
Decide what to do with your Greensboro property
Before you start packing and organizing your move, you need to decide what to do with your current property. If you are renting your Greensboro place, you need to give notice to your landlord.
However, if you own your property, there are two things you can do:
- Sell – If you plan on selling your home in Greensboro, make sure to hire a good real estate agent who will help you have a quick and successful sale. If you woul dlike to sell as-is AIP House Buyers in Greensboro, NC will make a fair cash offer on your house.
- Rent out – Another option is to find tenants and rent out your home. However, managing a property from afar might be challenging, especially if you are a first-time landlord in Greensboro.
How to make moving from Greensboro to Charlotte in less than a month work?
Although it might seem impossible, moving from Greensboro to Charlotte in less than four weeks is still doable. It might be more stressful and overwhelming than your average move, but you can still make it work by following the tips we’ve prepared.
Plan your budget
Moving comes with different expenses, so make sure to plan your finances first. You need to think about the costs of packing supplies, hiring movers, your transport to Charlotte, etc. Even if you plan on moving by yourself, you still need to rent a van and pay for gas.
Caption: Planning a budget is essential when preparing for a move.
Alt-tag: A calculator, notepad, and a pen on top of a pile of money
Therefore, take all of this into consideration and figure out how much money you need. It’s imperative to stick to your budget. Remember to leave some wiggle room in case something unforeseen occurs.
Ask for help
Depending on the amount of stuff you have, you might not be able to do everything on your own. Therefore, reach out to family and friends and ask for some help. Before you do so, make sure you know what you need them to help you with. For example, they can help you declutter or pack.
Caption: If you are moving on short notice, hiring professional movers is the best way to ensure a successful relocation.
Alt-tag: Professional movers loading a moving van for moving from Greensboro to Charlotte
Also, as soon as you know your exact moving date, make sure to get in touch with 247charlottemovers.com and schedule your relocation. By hiring professional movers, you’ll make the entire process that much easier for everyone, especially since you’re in a hurry.
Sort your stuff and declutter
One of the best ways to prepare for moving is to go through your belongings and get rid of anything you don’t need anymore. Keep only the things you use, and know you’ll need in your new home.
An excellent way to earn some extra money is to sell the things you don’t want to keep but that are still in good condition. You might not make a lot, but it can still help you pay some moving expenses.
While you’re decluttering, sort your things according to their type and use. That way, it will be easier for you to pack and unpack after you arrive in Charlotte.
All that is left is packing your things and preparing them for movers to load into the van. First, gather all packing supplies such as boxes, labels, bags, and similar. Although you can buy them, a better idea is to rent them. It’s a great way to help the environment and save some time, as you won’t waste it searching for boxes you need.
When you’re packing, make sure to do it in a way that will make unpacking easier and quicker. If you sorted your things already, it will be very easy to pack them. Make sure to label the boxes to make everything even simpler. Also, be mindful that some things, such as tools or large appliances, might require specific preparation.
Moving from Greensboro to Charlotte on such short notice won’t be easy or stress-free. However, by following our advice, you’ll be relaxing at your new place in Queen City in a month. With a positive mindset, some hard work, and perseverance, you will make it work. Now, get moving! AIP House Buyers is a Greensboro, NC Company that can not only assist provide you with cleanout services during and after your move, they can also purchase your house as-is, meaning you do not need to clean out the house. Call or text for more information. 336-707-5223